If you’re bummed about Bieber’s retirement, or just need a chill playlist to soothe your post-holiday stress, don’t trip; treat yourself to the second annual Kimball House compilation- comprised of some of our favorite tracks from our friends and resident artists.
2013 was a great year of positive growth for us on many levels! If you’ve reviewed our music, come out to our events, downloaded our tracks, rocked a show with us, or supported us in any way, we’d just like to say THANK YOU.
01. Fess Grandiose – “New Vehicle, Baby!”
02. Chandler London – “TheDrug3.3” (prod. by OH!Quinn)
03. Impolite Society – “Wackass Artwork” (prod. by Von Vuai)
04. Nunca Duerma – “The Snake” (Remix)
05. Chandler London & Rich Jones – “Colorado Or Bust” (prod. by Danimal Tha Choppa)
06. Fess Grandiose – “Casanova Shit”
07. Khalfani (Impolite Society) – “Singled Out” (prod. by Khalfani)
08. Netherfriends – “Good Vibes” ft. ShowYouSuck & Elee X (prod. by Netherfriends)
09. Nunca Duerma – “Bus Rides”
10. Jams Dean & Netherfriends – “Jams In The Road” (prod. by Netherfriends)
11. Impolite Society – “The World” (prod. by Zip)
12. Fess Grandiose & Netherfriends – “Goosebumps” (prod. by Netherfriends)
Impolite Society serves up a hefty compilation project that features group and solo work from individual members, and guest appearances from various artists and producers. For the uninitiated, Bootleg #1 offers a comprehensive introduction to the group; it should also hold over fans familiar with their work until an official full-length is released.
DOWNLOAD: Impolite Society – Bootleg #1
01. “Alibi” (Remix) ft. Cadillac Duke & Cody DeCamry (Prod. by Chinzafly)
02. “B.I.L.L.$.” (Prod. by Fess Grandiose)
03. “Dolla Holla” (Prod. by Fess Grandiose)
04. “Fall Through” (Prod. by Khalfani)
05. “Fame” ft. Guilty Simpson (Prod. by Fess Grandiose)
06. “Freshadelic” (Prod. by Fess Grandiose)
07. “Look Of Hate” (Remix) (Prod. by Nunca Duerma)
08. “Never Walk Out On You” (Prod. by Netherfriends)
09. “OctoTrex” ft. Scienz of Life (Prod. by ID)
10. “Piled In” (Prod. by Fess Grandiose)
11. “Player Shit” (Prod. by Fortified Sounds)
12. “Reckless” (Prod. by Sidewalk Kal)
13. “REVISIONS” (Prod. by AceMo)
14. “The Taste (C.H.I. Summer) (Prod. by Fess Grandiose)
15. “The World” (Prod. by Zip)
16. “Wackass Artwork” (Chopped & Screwed Remix by Via Rosa)
17. “Wackass Artwork” (Prod. by Von Vuai)
18. “Wind It Up” – Pugz Atomz ft. Elee X, ProbCause, & DJ Alo (Prod. by Mark Pritchard & Om”Mas Keith)
19. “Zombies” ft. ShowYouSuck & Cadillac Duke (Prod. by Na$im Williams)
Given his consistency, it’s not hard to fathom that for most most emcees, matching Sidewalk Kal’s substance is like playing tug-of-war with an 18-wheeler.
After pairing up with fellow Impolite Society crewman Elee X on “The World” and “Wackass Artwork,” Kal rides solo on “FreeSosa.” Conjuring feelings of Golden-Era nostalgia, the young wordsmith comes out swinging over “Yok ’96,” a spaced-out instrumental from producer Mattron.
By now, we know their type: 20,000 fake Twitter followers/YouTube views/Facebook friends/Soundcloud plays/Etc., they’re on every blog, mastering their branding destiny, only one contact away from kicking down the doors to claim the fame and fortune they’ve been grinding for [on the Internet]. Only problem is, no one’s ever actually heard of them.
To call them fake would be considered an act of “hate” by the moral majority- what are the rest of us supposed to do?!
Fortunately, Elee X and Sidewalk Kal have stepped up to represent us in typical Impolite Society fashion. The duo team up with Von Vuai over a smooth Sade sample to approach the ills of today’s artistic climate- and in the process beckon the question, “Who the fuck is you?”