Impolite Society serves up a hefty compilation project that features group and solo work from individual members, and guest appearances from various artists and producers. For the uninitiated, Bootleg #1 offers a comprehensive introduction to the group; it should also hold over fans familiar with their work until an official full-length is released.
DOWNLOAD: Impolite Society – Bootleg #1
01. “Alibi” (Remix) ft. Cadillac Duke & Cody DeCamry (Prod. by Chinzafly)
02. “B.I.L.L.$.” (Prod. by Fess Grandiose)
03. “Dolla Holla” (Prod. by Fess Grandiose)
04. “Fall Through” (Prod. by Khalfani)
05. “Fame” ft. Guilty Simpson (Prod. by Fess Grandiose)
06. “Freshadelic” (Prod. by Fess Grandiose)
07. “Look Of Hate” (Remix) (Prod. by Nunca Duerma)
08. “Never Walk Out On You” (Prod. by Netherfriends)
09. “OctoTrex” ft. Scienz of Life (Prod. by ID)
10. “Piled In” (Prod. by Fess Grandiose)
11. “Player Shit” (Prod. by Fortified Sounds)
12. “Reckless” (Prod. by Sidewalk Kal)
13. “REVISIONS” (Prod. by AceMo)
14. “The Taste (C.H.I. Summer) (Prod. by Fess Grandiose)
15. “The World” (Prod. by Zip)
16. “Wackass Artwork” (Chopped & Screwed Remix by Via Rosa)
17. “Wackass Artwork” (Prod. by Von Vuai)
18. “Wind It Up” – Pugz Atomz ft. Elee X, ProbCause, & DJ Alo (Prod. by Mark Pritchard & Om”Mas Keith)
19. “Zombies” ft. ShowYouSuck & Cadillac Duke (Prod. by Na$im Williams)
Kal re-emerges with a new solo cut, produced by Big General over a Little Dragon sample flip. The name may have changed for this Impolite Society wordsmith, but clearly the modus operandi has not: dope rhymes over dope beats.
Given his consistency, it’s not hard to fathom that for most most emcees, matching Sidewalk Kal’s substance is like playing tug-of-war with an 18-wheeler.
After pairing up with fellow Impolite Society crewman Elee X on “The World” and “Wackass Artwork,” Kal rides solo on “FreeSosa.” Conjuring feelings of Golden-Era nostalgia, the young wordsmith comes out swinging over “Yok ’96,” a spaced-out instrumental from producer Mattron.