Boldly go with Chandler London on Ritchie: A Space Odyssey- the introduction to his “rap space-opera.”
As if by transporter, the EP appeared seemingly from out of nowhere and was instantly gobbled up by hungry fans and praised by critics at Chicago Reader, Fake Shore Drive, and Gowhere Hip Hop, among others.
London has a knack for creating imagery more vivid than a Holodeck session; on Ritchie… he does so over instrumentals from Kid Cudi’s Satellite Flight album, which just dropped a few weeks ago.
DOWNLOAD: Chandler London – Ritchie: A Space Odyssey (Sendspace DL)
01. Space Oddity
02. Attack Of The Killer Robots
03. Ritchie And Clio
The remix will appear on Chandler and Westley’s upcoming collaborative project, Champion Champloo!, due out this summer.
Video by El Béisman Films
This mini-documentary sheds some light on Jasso, a prominent artist in the Chicago street art scene. Also appearing in the video is Chandler London, who chimed in to say a couple words about Jasso and the ever-present interconnection between music and visual art.
Jasso has become a noticeable artist in the streets of Chicago. He started as a graffiti artist and then moved to work with stencil and wheat-pasting techniques. He plays with traditional icons from Mexican culture and mixes them up with US popular culture. His work could be offensive for some but uplifting for others. Here is Jasso.
This week, New Chi-t appeared on the front page of Chicago Reader. A collaboration between Netherfriends and a slew of Chicago artists, the project was featured in the Hip-Hop segment of The Reader’s Favorite Music of 2013:
Overlooked Chicago hip-hop | Leor Galil
Netherfriends, New CHI-t
Nomadic indie-popper Shawn Rosenblatt (aka Netherfriends) is no stranger to hip-hop: 2011’sNetherfriends Does Nilsson includes a wobbly, funky tune called “Full of It” with local MC ShowYouSuck. That track also appears on New CHI-t, a rap-centric collection of Netherfriends collaborations featuring local hip-hop acts such as the Whoevers, Fess Grandiose, and Impolite Society. Rosenblatt molds his psychedelic-tinged pop—sometimes peppy, sometimes wistful, sometimes both at once—into the foundation for fun hip-hop tracks. The Sublime-sampling “Summertime” in particular makes me yearn for warm-weather adventures even more than I usually do.
If you’re bummed about Bieber’s retirement, or just need a chill playlist to soothe your post-holiday stress, don’t trip; treat yourself to the second annual Kimball House compilation- comprised of some of our favorite tracks from our friends and resident artists.
2013 was a great year of positive growth for us on many levels! If you’ve reviewed our music, come out to our events, downloaded our tracks, rocked a show with us, or supported us in any way, we’d just like to say THANK YOU.
01. Fess Grandiose – “New Vehicle, Baby!”
02. Chandler London – “TheDrug3.3” (prod. by OH!Quinn)
03. Impolite Society – “Wackass Artwork” (prod. by Von Vuai)
04. Nunca Duerma – “The Snake” (Remix)
05. Chandler London & Rich Jones – “Colorado Or Bust” (prod. by Danimal Tha Choppa)
06. Fess Grandiose – “Casanova Shit”
07. Khalfani (Impolite Society) – “Singled Out” (prod. by Khalfani)
08. Netherfriends – “Good Vibes” ft. ShowYouSuck & Elee X (prod. by Netherfriends)
09. Nunca Duerma – “Bus Rides”
10. Jams Dean & Netherfriends – “Jams In The Road” (prod. by Netherfriends)
11. Impolite Society – “The World” (prod. by Zip)
12. Fess Grandiose & Netherfriends – “Goosebumps” (prod. by Netherfriends)